Friday, April 11, 2008

My Second Apron






Okay, so I stayed up way later last night than I should have, designing and cutting out and beginning the putting together part of my second ever apron! I ridiculously sewed the neckline in first! Beginner's mistake I will be sure not to make, again. Especially as I do not like pinning & due to my lapse in thinking, I had to turn in and pin the entire thing! I was about to lose my mind, but thankfully I happened to be at my sister, Jess' house, who is a sewing pro! She saved my apron and my sanity!
This apron was for my SIL, Heidi, who is expecting baby number 2, at the end of June. I wanted it to be able to be worn during and after her pregnancy. I made it smock-like, so she could wipe her hands ANYWHERE! Hhmmm, I didn't make it so she could nurse while wearing it, what an interesting re-design! :) I'll have to figure that one out! The basic design was my creation. The little additions, like the towel loop & potholders were brainstorming from my sister, Jess. I think those little additions really made the apron.

6 comments:

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

cute apron, heidi is a lucky girl!

nashbabe said...

Your sister is a creative little weasel...and so are U. :-)

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

How very pretty, functional and artsy your apron is...can't wait to see the next one :o)

Heidi said...

Well, as the SIL I love this apron! I've already worn it several times and it's about ready for its first washing. I've been looking for an apron for a while, and this one would easily cost $30 - $40 in a store. Thanks Sarah!

tadpolehiking said...

Congrats, Sarah. Not only creating something which you have always enjoyed, but even getting photos and the blogs together, too! Way to go! Remember how you dazzled the silver award ladies with a website....how many years ago...when many were still afraid of the internet!

Love you,
Mom

MamaPotato said...

Aaaaahhhh, so new to blogging, I forgot to change my settings to notify myself of new comments!! Sorry ladies! I only just now saw that I had 5! *gasp* comments! Thank you all so much for all the compliments! Sheesh, I think I love being a creative little weasel! Perhaps I will make more pretty things just to feel this warm and fuzzy!