Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lily's Valentines

We were in Georgia for my dad's brain surgery in February. We missed Valentine's Day at Lily's school. So Lily and I finished her Valentines and gave them to all the children and teachers the day before the last day. They were a big hit.

You can't really see from the picture, but they are little hand held drums made with a paper mache circle box and a dowel and 2 beads on strings. They are the ones that you roll the dowel in your hands and the beads whack the middle of the circular part and make a thunk.

No, I didn't make them, I ordered them from the Oriental Trading Company. But we did paint all of them!




2 comments:

Ender said...

Well it definitely looks like you guys were busy with these, but I'm sure you guys had tons of fun making them! I can also see how the kids at school would have loved them! You amaze me with everything you do. :)

MamaPotato said...

Thanks, Baby! We did have fun making them...I enjoyed it maybe more than Lily!